Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting Stronger Everyday


We went to the playground Sunday. A very nice park, actually. It has a huge playground with lots of swings and then another area with animals. The big news of this particular outing is that my son went down the big boy slide - by himself. In the picture posted it's the slide on the left that is partially covered at the top. Big news? H U G E! My son is almost eight and barely 41 inches tall. His muscles are so weak he can barely climb the steps to the front door after a long day at school, can't climb into bed and certainly can't climb at a playground. After a year or so of correcting his diet, adding supplements he is lacking and trying to heal his stomach --- he can climb on the playground (with some boosting) and sit up tall and strong as he flies down the slide - by himself!!! Then he turns to me and says "Carson is a big boy". Yes, you are sweetie. Then he says "that was fast!" I was literally holding my breath b/c I'm afraid he'll take a header at the bottom and he doesn't wait for us to get there...the other man on the top of the climbing structure with us must have thought my husband and I were nuts as we frantically tried to find and exit to run to the bottom in time to catch him.

There was a time that he was to weak to walk in the sandy bottom of this playground. It was too exhausting for him to try to walk to the swings...wow. Way to go kiddo!

1 comment:

  1. My gosh - that's a huge improvement. Way to go, Carson!

    ReplyDelete